Sponsored by Friends of the Petaluma River
Friends of the Petaluma River is leading the campaign to create a River Heritage Center on McNear Peninsula, adjacent to downtown Petaluma.
“One of our primary goals is to create a place where people of all ages, especially children, have opportunities to experience the river and its surroundings.”
Mission: To connect current and future generations to the history, resources and wonders of the Petaluma River and its adjacent sloughs, marshes and farmlands through the practice and teaching of maritime, agricultural and outdoor heritage skills.
- Promote understanding of the Petaluma River and its benefits to the community
- River heritage related displays, programs & events
- Interactive classes, programs and stewardship activities
- Collaboration with other community groups, businesses & agencies
- Improve river access, recreation, tourism and educational opportunities
- Boat docks, tours, traditional skills and outdoor heritage programs
- Bay Water Trail & River Heritage Corridor status
- River related practices, industries and traditions
For information on River Heritage Center events and activities, click here.
The Petaluma River Heritage Center is supported primarily by your donations.
Your contribution will help maintain the Center and fund its programs.